Hello there lovely people,
I’ve seen a lot of these “20 Facts About Me” tags floating around and the lovely Sally on Instagram (Sally_Potts) suggested I play along. I did originally want to keep this purely on Instagram, however it would appear that there is a character limit which I went over. I thought I would bring in on over onto my blog. I’d love to see your responses to get to know you guys more, feel free to play along!
- I was born in London to my wonderful parents.
- I went to three different primary schools.
- GirlGuiding UK is a huge part of my life, being a Guide was the best thing I could have done, I’m now a leader and love it!
- Speaking of which, I went to the World Scout Jamboree through Guiding and made life long friendships.
- I feel happiest when camping or hiking. I go regularly, especially with my parents. The amount of beauty within nature never fails to amaze me.
- God is also a large part of my life. I’ve been baptised and confirmed as an Anglican, however I now identify more closely to being Anglo Catholic.
- My favourite Bible verse is Philippians 4:13, whilst my favourite religious song is Jerusalem / The Lord is my Shepherd (the Vicar of Dibley version though!)
- I’ve danced my whole life and I’ve performed at some fabulous places including: Disney Land Paris, Her Majesty’s Theatre and the 02.
- I gave up dancing when I was 19 because of University, however I’m looking at getting back into it as I love and miss it so much.
- I have a degree in Geography from King’s College London, which is creepy as my campus was right opposite where my parents met for the first time (Lyceum Theater)
- I focused my degree and my dissertation on the clothing industry and how to make it more sustainable, this is something I’m very interested in.
- I learnt to speak German in 2007 and took a GCSE in it, I’m trying to maintain and continue learning it. I’d love to learn more languages including Hindi and Brazilian Portuguese.
- India is my favourite country I’ve visited, I want to return soon.
- My favourite place in the world is Versaille, especially the Marie Antionette Estate. If I ever get engaged, I would love for it to be there!
- I visited Prague earlier on in the year but places still on my bucket list include Brazil and Thailand.
- I have naturally very curly hair which I straighten now and then.
- When I was younger at school (Year 1/2) I had ringlets in my hair which people in my class would always play with, I got so fed up with it I went home and cut half of my hair off 🙊
- I’m quite a quiet person at times and identify as an introvert.
- My music taste is incredibly varied, I love Margarita Taylor at night time on Classic FM, I’ve seen Eminem, I love FOTOS (a German indie band) Anitta, and I attended Isle of Wight music festival (in my student days) four years in a row. The type of music I want to listen to depends on my mood for the day, I love how it can change how you feel so easily!
- My biggest desire in life is simply to just be happy and I’m grateful for all of those within my life that have contributed to that happiness so far✨
I hope this gave you a little nosey into some of my quirks. I look forward to reading some more over instagram, feel free to play along!
With love, Lottie.